Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hangin' at home

Yesterday morning, Maggie told me she didn't want to go to school and she didn't want to go to Kindermusik. She just wanted to "stay home all day and never leave the house," she said. Well, today she got her wish! Usually, I go to a Bible study on Tuesday mornings and she stays in the nursery. Yesterday afternoon I got a call saying that our Bible study was cancelled; our pastor, who leads the study, had to do a funeral. This morning, Maggie asked, "What are we going to do today?" (Well, first she asked, "Is it my birthday yet?" her standard question-upon-waking. And she's not happy when I tell her how many days are left ...)

Anyway, I told her I'd let her make the choice. We could either go shopping to buy the rest of the stuff for her birthday party -- silly me, I thought she might actually go for this -- or we could stay home all day and never leave the house. She opted for the latter, and we've had the best day!

We spent the morning playing in the back yard.


free image hosting

--
free image hosting
--
free image hosting
--
free image hosting

Then, she played dress-up and did a little writing on her chalkboard. Here, she wanted me to take a picture of her H's (upper and lowercase).

free image hosting


After lunch, she wanted to go for a bike ride in Coolidge Park. I talked her into sticking to the neighborhood, and it's a good thing, because she was pretty tired when we got back to the house. Then, we made a "fall treasure chest" using an old shoebox, construction paper, and rubber stamps.

free image hosting


After the box was finished, we went out into the yard and gathered fall "treasures" in the form of leaves, pine cones, acorns, and sticks.

free image hosting

---

free image hosting


Throughout the day, she would put stickers all over my shirt. I got a little annoyed until she told me what each sticker meant. I don't know if you can see it well here, but I've tried to doctor the photo to show you what she told me they meant, basically, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, I love you, I love you, I love you ... very, very much."

free image hosting



Later, we went to the playroom and played with her train table. I'm so glad I listened to Maggie when she said she wanted to stay home all day. We had a fantastic day ... and we never left our house!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun!!! You are the best Mommy to PLAY ALL DAY and to make her that cute little fall box!

Alicia said...

What a fun day! I could totally see you homeschooling one day, LeeAnne. You came up with some creative things at the last minute, and both of you had a blast!

Candy said...

What a great day! Those days really are the best.