- "Here's a small picture of your grandma when she was a baby, and here's a picture of your baby sister." (said while handing me post-it notes ... and I don't have a younger sister!)
- "I'm amazed that I got in my car seat all by myself." (She's been getting in her carseat by herself for over a year. Why is it amazing now?)
- "It's Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday, Sunday, and October when you go to school. And it's Monday, Friday and Wednesday when you go to the museum."
- "I have a broken foot. It got eaten by the alligator. Can you fix it?"
- "I don't like it. It looks strange." (in response to me putting red polish on her fingernails and toenails, which she'd just requested five min. earlier)
- "Want a bite of my roll?" When I said no, she replied: "Give me your face. I'll just force it in your mouth."
- In response to me telling her she was funny: "I'm not funny. I'm cute."
- "Mommy, I have lots of grown-up words to say to you." When I said, "OK, let's hear them," she started singing, "No, not again" over and over.
On Monday afternoon, she spotted some mini M&M's in the pantry, so I poured about 10 into a bowl. She was shoveling them in her mouth, one by one, without really stopping to chew (or taste!) them at all. I said to her, "Maggie, slow down! You're not even enjoying them!" She immediately got a really fake-looking smile on her face and said, "Oh my goodness, Mommy, I LOVE them!" and kept the fake smile while she finished the M&M's. I guess she was trying to feign real enjoyment. ;)

1 comment:
She is such a card! I love reading this each week!
Post a Comment