Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wit & Wisdom, week of June 13

Here is this week's wit & wisdom, funny or interesting things Maggie has said this week. Any new words are in italics.
  • "I have to spin it around tight. If it's not spinned quite tight, it won't look beautiful, and she'll be mad." (styling her doll's hair)

  • "I don't like boys. The only one boy I like is Henry (the octopus from the Wiggles). The other one boy I like is Wags (the dog from the Wiggles). The other one boy I like is Greg (the Wiggles' former lead singer). The only girl I like is Dorothy (the dinosaur). I don't like Daddy or Captain or Casey or Cason or Bill or Hudston (that's how she pronounced Hudson) or Kyle or Brett."

  • "I'm dreaming about a fish named Maggie who goes all the way under the water. And seaweed pie. You (Mommy) could be the Daddy fish and eat the seaweed pie. Caca would be the baby fish."

  • "I can do lots of talented things, because I'm a talented girl. I know a lot of talented things."

  • She came in Thursday morning covering her left eye, declaring that she only had one eye. I told her I thought I saw another, and she said, "No, that's my ear." When I asked where her other eye was, she replied: "New York City." I have NO idea where that came from.

  • singing: "Catalog, catalog, what do I see? Catalog, catalog, a big bunny."

  • "You sure do look tasty!" (said while chasing Daddy around the house)

  • "Mommy, look at your child!" (said while swinging really high)

After dinner tonight (Thursday), she was playing with her train table, setting up all the construction signs, nets, and men in one place. She then told me, "I know all the things of construction. Do you want to see me do all the things of construction?" I said yes, while trying to write this down. "Then watch!" she commanded. "These are the mans that can watch the construction stuff, but they need some friends. They'll be sad without friends. That's why I gave them friends. I'm learning about constructions, Mommy!"

She also announced that she knew what ALL the construction signs meant. I pointed to the stop sign and asked what that meant, fully expecting a correct answer since she recognizes the color, shape, and letters in a stop sign. She was close; she defined it as meaning "stop people." Here are all of her definitions ...

  • Stop sign #1: "Stop people."
  • Stop sign #2: "Talliton Mill" (her translation of our neighborhood name)
  • RR crossing sign: "Don't go near the mud place."
  • Yield sign: "No going near the mud place without your boots."
  • School zone sign: "Doesn't say anything."
  • Street light: "When the light turns on, you can walk."



1 comment:

Candy said...

Love the things that come out of their mouths! Keeps us on our toes, doesn't it?!