- I'd told Maggie she could have one piece of Halloween candy, and she was clarifying (or negotiating, however you look at it) exactly what that meant. When I spelled out that she could pick ONE THING from her bucket, she thought for a minute and said, "OK, but if I share this one with you [handing me a second piece] can we both share with each other?" I thought that was a pretty good deal until she followed her request with, "But I get the biggest piece, OK?"
- The timeout spot in our home is the bottom step of our staircase. While sitting in timeout, Maggie started kicking her feet against the floor, which eventually resulted in painful feet! She started crying about her feet hurting, and I was less than sympathetic since she'd done it to herself. She then asked me, "How can you not come over here when your daughter is crying?"
- On the way to school each morning, we pass a billboard for the Rush Gym. Maggie read the word "rush" one morning and exclaimed, "Rush? They shouldn't be telling us to rush! They don't know where we're going!"
- Maggie has brown clogs like this for winter, though she evidently didn't know until recently that they were called clogs. Last week we were heading out to have fall pictures made, and I asked her to get her clogs so we could go. I pointed to her shoes, and she said, "Those aren't clogs! That's not a toilet!" I guess she thought clogs only happened in toilets!!
- You know how every radio station has its little jingle, the cutesy tune to which singers chime the station's call letters? Locally, one we hear often in our car is "Sunny 92.3." Recently, I caught Maggie singing the same tune, but her lyrics were a little different: "Sunday, Monday 2.3!"
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago

1 comment:
Clogs...priceless!
Post a Comment