Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Still here ...

I know I haven't been blogging as much lately, but I'm still here. Life is busy, as always, with regular commitments and with gearing up for the holidays. I'm about halfway done with my Christmas shopping (woo hoo!) and am planning Jinglers' return for next week ... either Thanksgiving or the day after. I'm volunteering at Maggie's school for an upcoming book fair and getting started on planning the Christmas party. And I'm trying, more and more, to stay off the computer and go to bed at a decent hour.

But we've managed to have a little fun too. Our weather here has been great lately, so we've been playing outside a lot. Maggie loves to jump in leaves as I rake them into huge piles.





Two of Maggie's close friends, Rebekah and Heidi, turned five in October as well, so we moms planned a special trip to The English Rose tearoom to celebrate the girls reaching this milestone. Unfortunately, Heidi and Jessica were sick that day, but Alicia and I had a great time enjoying tea with our daughters.

Mommy and Maggie outside the tearoom.

Rebekah and Maggie goofing off outside ... this was on the way out, as the caffeine had started to take hold of Maggie.


While Alicia snapped some photos of Rebekah, Maggie made herself comfortable in the English ivy.


This past Sunday, we helped celebrate the second birthday of a dear friend's son. Brennan was hospitalized at just 10 weeks old, with a life-threatening protein allergy, so to see how far he's come and to be a part of this celebration was a blessing for everyone present!

Brennan loves fire trucks, so we celebrated with cake and presents at our church, then drove down the road to a nearby fire station for a tour. The kids loved sitting in the driver's seat of the huge ladder truck!

How hard is it to get a handful of kids to smile for one picture? Very.


I thought this was a funny shot; I took it while Kim was corralling the kids for the group picture. The way Maggie's standing so close to her, it looks like she's just another Eckert child!



Maggie is the same age as Brennan's big brother, Tommy, and they love each other!

No comments: