Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Garden bounty (catch-up #3)

Back in April, Maggie and I planted several veggies and flower seeds in pots and small containers. It's been fun to watch them grow throughout the summer, and now we're enjoying the bounty - a handful of fresh veggies, and lots of beautiful blooming flowers!



We have gorgeous zinnias out front in hues of orange and dark pink! I've never grown zinnias before, but you can bet I'll be keeping them in my landscape from now on!


Our Mother's Day landscape project is starting to pay off in the form of vivid verbena ...

... and pink roses that are true Knockouts!

And our pepper plants finally yielded their first fruits. Maggie was so excited to bring them inside and show me ...

... but as you can see from this picture (using homegrown cherry tomatoes as a reference), I think she jumped the gun just a bit!

No comments: