Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Back in the saddle ...

So it's been a few days - hard to get back in the swing of things after being on vacation, then having an atypical holiday week. And yes I know those are flimsy excuses. I'm choosing to focus on the fact that although I did not want to get up early today and walk, I did it. 

Yesterday, Bobby got up and walked. I'm a fairly light sleeper and usually hear his alarm go off, or him getting dressed, or something that wakes me up. Yesterday ... nothing! Guess I needed the sleep. I told myself that I'd walk later in the day (too hot) or that I'd ride my exercise bike (too boring) and before I knew it I was cleaning up from dinner and hadn't done a thing. I'm discovering that it's definitely better for me to get this daily walk thing out of the way as early as possible. 

What I saw:


Moon-shaped (sort of) mushroom formation. 


Little snail that I almost stepped on while stretching. 


Unusual mist blanketing the nearby hillside. (Unusual in the sense that we don't often have mist there ... not that there's anything paranormal about the mist itself.)

And today's summary:


I actually incorporated three short jogs ...
not really sure I'm cut out for jogging but I'm trying to work it in when I can. Not represented here is a 1/3-mile cool down with a very slow dog. :)

Until tomorrow!



No comments: