- I was interrupted by Maggie while I was working on something, and I decided to turn the tables on her and whine about it just a bit, as she often does to me. "But I wanted to fiiiiinish it," I joked. "Well, Mommy," she replied matter-of-factly, "Sometimes we don't always get what we want."
- While on vacation with my family, my mom and I were teaching Maggie a few tongue-twisters. She got the most laughs with this revision of the woodchuck twister: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck chucked all day?"
- She loved jumping waves at the beach, especially if an adult was there to help her jump high, swing, or flip over the oncoming wave. At one point, she instructed Bobby and I to let go "immediately" after the wave had passed. :)
- While cleaning up from dinner one night, I overheard Maggie shriek with delight: "Daddy, Daddy, I just had a baby! She's my daughter!! You can be her grandfather!" (I know this isn't particularly witty, but there's just something funny about hearing your daughter scream this.)
- We were discussing the pinata Maggie wants at her upcoming birthday party, and she informed me that she wanted to try a new wayof doing the pinata. I thought she meant a new hitting technique, but when I asked what she planned to do, she answered, "I'll take all the turns, and my friends can just watch me the whole time." I suggested that this wouldn't be much fun for her guests, so she came up with an alternate plan. "I'll go first, then one friend can have a turn. Then I'll go again, then another friend, then me ..." You get the picture. We ended up compromising ... sort of. She gets to go first since it's her birthday, but everyone will get a turn!
- For a while now, she's been telling me she loves me more than anyone. Tonight, during bedtime snuggles, it seems she struggled with a way to express even more love. "I love you more than anyone, Mommy. I even love you more than ... you."
- Earlier today (Wednesday), I took Maggie to Learning Express Toys so that she could select items for her Birthday Bucket. Later, over dinner, she was telling Bobby about the concept behind a Birthday Bucket. "I picked out things I would like to get for my birthday," she explained. "It's to give my friends some options for when they go shopping."
Keto Italian Meatball Casserole
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment