Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Life lately ... in pictures

I know, I've been a slacker. Life just seems super busy lately - what else is new? I have a ton of little things I keep meaning to blog about, but then when I sit down at the computer, they don't seem worth the energy, know what I mean? (Nevermind the fact that I can't remember any of them at the moment!!)

So instead, here are some photos of life lately. Nothing out of the ordinary, just playtime at home, a couple of birthday parties, and everyone's favorite silly Magpie!



free image hosting
A dressed-up Maggie dictated a story while I tried drawing it to her satisfaction in sidewalk chalk. There were lots of animals, fireworks, and a thunderstorm.

free image hosting
Bobby's grandfather celebrated his 83rd birthday last week with a family cookout, and Maggie and her cousin Ethan (four months younger than her) had a ball driving each other on their jeeps.


free image hosting
She's been on a bit of a Harry Potter kick lately - so much so that I'm pretty sick of him. She's been planning an imaginary baby shower for Hermione, and she asked Bobby's mom to make a butterfly cake with blue icing for the shower. At Poppaw's birthday party, Lynda showed up with the cake, exactly as Maggie had ordered it!!


free image hosting
It must be nice to have a grandmother indulge your every whim!


free image hosting
At a friend's 3rd birthday party this weekend, Maggie took a break from the inflatable jumpy thing to let me snap this pic.


free image hosting
Believe it or not, Bobby is somewhere under this pile of children.


free image hosting
And this one ...


free image hosting
The birthday child's mom hid gummy worms in small bowls of whipped cream; the children had to find the worms without using their hands!!


free image hosting
Mommy is always armed with a head band!!


free image hosting
I don't think Maggie understood the instructions at first, because I thought she'd be all over this game!! Once I said, "Do it like a cat!" she understood perfectly!


free image hosting
Got one!!


free image hosting
Stickers on her arms, stickers for earrings, stickers for lipstick, and stickers for fingernails.


free image hosting
Tree climber!



free image hosting
Maggie and Daddy share a dance.


free image hosting
Dip


Bobby and I went from having the most antiquated cell phones (they didn't even have cameras) to having iPhones which will do everything. (That gives me an idea for a blog post ...). I'm a bit addicted to my phone's camera feature, as you'll soon see ...


free image hosting
I snapped this one as Maggie was heading out of school for afternoon dismissal. She actually spotted me and waved in this shot. (She's the one in yellow.)


free image hosting
Wearing Daddy's glasses, his shirt, his shoes and socks ... even his boxers! (The expression on her face is also his.)


free image hosting
This is Lucky, our most recent four-legged addition. They fell asleep like this in our bed one night.


free image hosting
Apparently I'm not the only one who's addicted to the camera phone. I found this self-portrait recently - I had no idea she'd taken it!!

2 comments:

becky bell said...

Love the sticker pic and her dressed in all Bobby's stuff! I find self portraits all the time on my camera and phone of Max. It's always funny to scroll through pics and see a big close up of his face!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens - those photos are a great representation of what a little ham Maggie is!! Our kids all love the camera too. Sarah & Alex each have their own, and I think to save my own, Olivia might be getting one for her birthday!! Speaking of which, I might just have to steal that cake idea, if you don't mind!!
Have a great beach vacation - we turned on the heat here this morning!! I can't wait to see your photos when you come back! xo