Thursday, August 11, 2011

Camp Joe Joe

This summer, Maggie spent three days at Camp Joe Joe, and it was seriously one of the coolest camps I've ever seen. Joe Jumper, aka "Joe Joe," owns The Clay Pot, an eclectic shop in the Riverview area, and he calls CJJ a "cool camp for creative kids." After Maggie's first experience there, I agree!

Initially, I thought the $125 price tag was a little steep, but lots of Maggie's school friends were going, and I knew she would enjoy it. And after seeing everything the kids did, I think it was well worth it! Here are a few pictures, thanks to Joe and facebook ... (he takes about 100 pictures each day of camp and then uploads them to facebook ... so fun to see everything they did!).

Because camp took place just a couple of months after the royal wedding, the kids learned about British fascinators and made their own!


They also got to tie-dye t-shirts ...



learn the famous Joe Joe Jump ...



make beautiful paper flowers ...

enjoy an impromptu dance party on top of a craft table ...

and make fun snacks like these apple-grape-marshmallow-chocolate monsters.

Daily playtime at Riverview Park, one block away, gave campers time to burn off their sweet snacks!


They also made canvas art, decorated a glass water bottle, jeweled flip-flops, and beautiful fresh flower arrangements with sunflowers, yellow roses, and gerbera daisies (my favorite!). I think Maggie's favorite thing was standing up on the tables during their spontaneous dance party - she couldn't stop talking about it! Just a few weeks ago, Joe Joe invited all campers to an end-of-summer party where they got CJJ tattoos, lots of neat snacks, and more arts and crafts.

We can't wait until Joe Joe's Ho-Ho Camp this December!!


No comments: