Friday, January 28, 2011

Shoes

Not the most exciting topic in the world, but it's time for this week's Madhouse (ok, two days late ...) and this was the assigned topic. And really, anything that gets me back onto the blog these days is a good thing.

We are blessed to have several friends - friends who have well-dressed girls. Well-dressed girls who are older than Maggie. This means we are the frequent recipients of their hand-me-downs. Have I mentioned how much I love hand-me-downs? Not only are they nice on the wallet, but it makes it easier to convince Maggie to wear something of my choosing if I can say, "Mattie wore this," or "This came from Addy and Annsley."

So I was pleasantly surprised to arrive home Tuesday to find a bag of shoes on my front porch. Two pairs of black boots, a pair of Nikes, and two pairs of sandals, both of which caused Maggie to declare, "These make me feel like I'm in the movies!"

The Nikes had a different effect, causing Mag to race around the downstairs at top speed.

Thank you to all our wonderful friends who pass their clothes down to us. We love and appreciate it!
_______

It's Madhouse Wednesday over at Kate's blog ... or it was two days ago. Come play along - it's fun to see bloggers' different takes on the same topic. This week's topic is "Shoes."

No comments: