Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I can't do ... right.

It's been a bit of a day here. By that, I mean a bit of a rough day. It started in the grocery store (facebook friends probably saw my photo of Maggie lying in the floor of the bread aisle) and has continued all night. So at bedtime, Maggie wouldn't lie still, close her eyes, or stop talking - all three requisites for getting snuggle time with Mommy. She got upset when I wouldn't stay, and I told her that I loved her very much and would miss our snuggling, but that she just wasn't doing a very good job of listening and obeying tonight.

Thus commenced the following string of other things she doesn't do a good job at ... at least in her mind.

I can't do anything right. I can't listen right. I can't obey right. I can't be a pirate right. I can't solve mysteries right. I can't drink milk right. I can't paint right. I can't draw right. I really really really really extremely extremely extremely really really can't draw a cat right.

There was more, but you get the picture. I, on the other hand, did do something right - I held my laughter until I was out of earshot.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I have a child who does this too. Congrats on being able to hold in the laughter!

Jennifer said...

That is too funny!!!! She is so funny!!!