Thursday, February 18, 2010

Disney, according to Maggie

I have more Disney stuff to share, but since I'm spending my evenings glued to the Olympics, that tends to cut into my blogging time. For now, I thought I'd share Maggie's impressions of the trip. Back at Christmas, she received the book Walt Disney World for Kids - from Mickey and Minnie no less (their gift tag said "We can't wait to see you!"). In the back is a section for children to write down their memories of the trip. Here are Maggie's notes:
  • These are the people I vacationed with: Mommy and Daddy
  • The name of our hotel was: Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • My first day at Disney World, I went to: Magic Kingdom
  • I went on this ride first: Winnie the Pooh
  • Draw your favorite Disney character here: she drew a picture of Goofy, with a note that said "I love Goofy" - a surprise to us!
  • This attraction wasn't what I expected: Goofy's Barn roller coaster. It surprised me because: more fun than I thought it would be, and it went up and down.
  • My favorite ride was: Goofy's Barn roller coaster. I went on it four times.
  • My least favorite ride was: Dumbo. I didn't like it because: it went up and down. (?? and yet, so did her favorite ride! ??)
  • If I were an imagineer, this is the ride I would design: Pooh's Curve-Around roller coaster (and she drew a series of circles and squiggly lines)
  • Vacations aren't just fun, they're educational too! One thing I learned at Disney World is: that we shouldn't feed the animals, because it might be the wrong food and they might get sick.
  • My favorite restaurant was: the one where we watched the fireworks (California Grill). I ate: salmon, rice, and rice krispy "sushi," and I loved watching the fireworks!
  • The best Disney World snack is: giant rice krispy treat with Mickey sprinkles
  • Someday, I'll go back to Disney World. The first think I'll do when I get there is: Goofy's Barn roller coaster.
  • It's fun to remember a vacation with souvenirs. One souvenir I brought back is: a necklace with an M.

No comments: