Friday, January 29, 2010

Hiccup. Speed bump.

I was all set to blog about our Disney trip tonight ... or at least to blog about how WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!  It's a belated 5th birthday trip for Maggie, and we are SO excited. Well, two of us are SO excited; the male member of our family is just mildly excited.

Now there are 3" of snow on the ground ... maybe more. Mother Nature sure does have a funny sense of humor. Instead of sending Maggie to a friend's house for a playdate after school while I packed and did laundry, I spent the whole afternoon playing outside in the Tennessee blizzard. (This does qualify as a blizzard for us - we're the state that cancels school at the mere threat of snow. Really.)




It was great fun - we even got the sled down from the uppermost regions of the garage. Bobby and I have lived in this house for just over 10 years, and we've never - I repeat never - had occasion to get out the sled. Maggie was hesitant at first, but I got in with her the first time and we glided down a gentle hill between the neighbor's house and ours, and she was hooked! I was so proud when she went down a steep hill between two houses, jumped the curb, crossed the street, jumped the other curb, and ended up in the yard across the street! (I stood in the street to make sure no cars came.)



We had such fun, but since I got basically nothing done in the way of trip prep, I'm not sure if we'll be leaving tomorrow. Originally, we were going to leave on Sunday, since that's when our reservation starts. (Did I mention we're staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge ... with a savannah view ... I'm so excited about the prospect of being so close to the animals!) I thought we had six-day park passes, but when they arrived in the mail, I realized we have seven-day passes! So I've been on a campaign to get Bobby to leave tomorrow (Saturday) and drive at least halfway, thereby getting us to Disney earlier on Sunday, enabling us to spend Sunday afternoon and/or evening at one of the parks. Now that he's on board with my plan ... it goes and snows. I guess we'll just wait and see what the roads are like tomorrow.

Stay tuned for lots and lots of Disney pictures. I have a new memory card for my camera that holds around 3,000 pictures. As Bobby said, that will probably get us through half of the trip.

No comments: