Thursday, December 31, 2009

A quick road trip

I can't believe I haven't mentioned this here yet - one of my oldest and dearest friends is getting married! (Finally ... after dating Doug for 14 1/2 years!) The wedding is Jan. 9 in Asheville, NC, and last night Maggie and I headed up to Knoxville to be there for Haifa's final dress fitting. I'm glad I went too - the dress has a corseted back, and I had to learn to lace it up ... no small feat.

After the fitting, we went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner. Kirby and Leslie, my other two oldest friends, were also there, and we had a great time together. While there, we exchanged a few Christmas gifts. Much to my chagrin, Haifa continued her tradition of finding noisy gifts for Maggie. In the past, there have been loud musical sports toys, a talking stoplight, and various musical instruments; this year, Haifa gave her a harmonica. Which she loves. Which is loud.



We headed back to Haifa's house for a few minutes so that Maggie could see Haifa's new cats. I'd brought Maggie's pj's so that she could fall asleep in the car (which she did, 10 minutes after we left), so I took that opportunity to change her. Before that, though, she had the best time with Haifa and Kirby playing on the couch. They'd snuggle, they'd tickle, they'd pretend to fall on each other ... she had a blast and was sad to the point of crying when we had to leave.


It was a night of great fun, and Haifa looked gorgeous in her dress. Here's a sneak peak:


Sorry Graphics

Oops, sorry, you'll have to wait until after the big day! (You didn't really think I was going to blow the surprise, did you?) Until then, take a look at Haifa and Doug's wedding website, which was designed from scratch by Doug himself. I am so excited about their wedding and hope to have lots of pictures to share ... after January 9, that is!

No comments: